-By Kedar Shrestha
There are two ways to create website.
A. With your domain name as sub domain name.
e. g.- www.mywebsite.wordpress.com and similarly, www.mywebsite.blogger.com etc.
B. With your own domain name.
e.g. – www.mywebsite.com.np and similarly, www.mywebsite.net.np etc.
If you create website with your domain name as sub domain name, THERE WOULD BE VARIOUS LIMITATIONS in your web site and MANY IMPORTANT FEATURES WOULD NOT BE AVAILABLE.
Therefore, I explain here to create your website with your own domain name under .NP with free of cost. (Therefore, you would have your website ABLE TO USE IMPORTANT FEATURES.)
To create your website, you need two things.
I. Web Hosting (Free or Paid) II. Domain name registration (Free or Paid)
Here, I explain web hosting and domain name registration BOTH FREE.
A. FOR FREE WEB HOSTING, FOLLOW THESE STEPS.
1. Go to www.freehosting.com
2. Click on Sign up button
3. Click on Free Hosting (Order Now)
4. Click on the circle given before the “I will use my existing domain and update my nameservers” button, you will get ‘tick mark’ there.
5. Then a dialogue box appears.
a. Put your website name e.g. ‘mywebsite’ in the first box and
b. Put com.np (If you have registered your domain name as www.mywebsite.com.np )
And put net.np (If you have registered your domain name as www.mywebsite.net.np )
6. Then click on use button.
7. You will get to “Configuration” page. Then click on ‘Continue’ button.
8. Then click on ‘Check Out’ button.
9. The you will get “Check Out” page.
Provide your personal details such as your name, address, email, country, phone, pass word for account security etc.
10. Then you will get a message of the completion of your order for free hosting and you will be said to check your email for verification at the email address you provided in ‘Check out’ Page.
11. Open your email and check the mail you received from free hosting. YOU WILL GET THERE YOUR cPanel log in ID, PASSWORD and NAME SERVER (You need cPanel log ID and its password to install plugins in your website and NAME SERVERS PRIMARY AND SECONDARY to provide AT THE TIME OF DOMAIN NAME REGISTER.
12. Do as in the email you got.
CONGRATULATION, YOU HAVE GOT WEB HOSTING FOR YOUR WEBSITE NOW.
B. TO REGISTER YOUR DOMAIN NAME FOLLOW THESE STEPS.
13. Go to www.register.com.np
14. There in the search box type your website name you have chosen in the first box. e.g. mywebsite.
Now choose the .com.np or .net.np or other extension name you want in the next box aside the first box.
15. Click on ‘search’ button.
16. If the website name you have chosen is available for registration, you will get the message there in your screen as ‘Congratulations ! mywebsite.com.np is available. Click “Register now” for further process.
17 .If the website name you have chosen is already registered by some other person, then you will get the message on the screen as ‘Sorry ! mywebsite.com.np is already taken. Please choose another domain.’
18. Then choose another website name and search again. Once you find your website name available, then click on ‘Register Now’ button.
19. Now click on ‘Create User”
20. Put your name, email and password.
21. Click on ‘create account’ button.
22. You will get email from www.register.com.np
23. Go to your email and open the email, follow as in email you got.
24. Now you open www.register.com.np
25. Click on ‘User log in’.
26. Put your email address and the password you have created.
27. Domain request form will be open for you now.
28. Put the primary name server and secondary server both you have got WHILE YOU GOT EMAIL FROM WEB HOSTING. It will be usually ns1.freehosting.com and ns2.freehosting.com
29. Provide your administrative and technical contact in this DOMAIN NAME REQUEST FORM.
30. Click on ‘save and continue’ button.
31. Now you will get ‘Submit required documents’ page.
32. In this page you have to attach following documents.
(Choose documents in the Document Title first)
a. Cover Letter (i.e. application)
b. Citizenship for individual/registration document (for organization) and
c. Other Additional document (This is optional)
THESE DOCUMENTS SHOULD BE IN image form i.e. .jpeg or .pdf format. They are attached one by one BY CLICKING on ‘choose file’ and ‘save image’ buttons respectively.
33. NOW CLICK ON Request Domain’ button.
34. Now you can see Your domain status. There you will see ‘Your domain request is received and wait for approval.’ for website.
35. Now your domain name registration process is completed.
36. Wait for a day or more and check whether your domain name for the website is approved or not if it is approved you can see ‘Active’ in Your domain status.
To check these you have to go to www.register.com.np and login with your email and password you have created before.
37. If you see your domain name is not approved with the remarks ‘The chosen domain name is not within the periphery of identity (citizenship, passport, license, voting card etc).’ in Your domain status then check the documents you submitted correct or not, likewise primary and secondary server name correct or not. Also if the primary and secondary server provided by freehosting.com should be working.
38. Now if every thing is OK, now your website will appear in Internet and you can ENJOY HAPPY BLOGGING AND MORE ELSE IN YOUR WEBSITE.
CONGRATULTION, YOU HAVE GOT YOUR DOMAIN NAME REGISTERED FOR YOUR WEBSITE NOW.
39. Now to run your website open your email and find one of the emails sent to you by freehosting.com in which your are given details to LOG IN TO cPanel with USER NAME AND PASSWORD WITH LINK ALSO.
40. THEN LOG IN TO cPanel. Go to catagories, then click on ‘blogs’ and then INSTALL ‘WORD PRESS’ or whichever you like. ‘WORD PRESS’ is THE MOST EASY AND POPULAR AMONG OTHERS.
A. TO HAVE NECESSARY EDITS according to registered domain name (as PROVIDED BY www.register.com.np) and others in freehosting YOU CAN Go to freehosting.com and then go to “Member Area.”
Then log in with your email and password.
Do edit as required.
41. SIMILARLY, TO HAVE NECESSARY EDITS according to SERVER NAMES primary server name and secondary server names (as PROVIDED by freehosting.com) and others in www.register.com.np, YOU CAN Go to www.register.com.np. THEN LOG in WITH YOUR EMAIL AND PASSWORD. Then go to DASHBOARD
AND DO EDITS.
A. The REGISTERED DOMAIN NAME (as PROVIDED BY www.register.com.np) MUST BE GIVEN in your WEB HOSTING SITE freehosting.com and
B. SIMILARLY, SERVER NAMES primary server name and secondary server names (as PROVIDED by freehosting.com) MUST BE GIVEN YOUR DOMAIN NAME REGISTRAR www.register.com.np
OTHERWISE YOUR WEBSITE WILL NO APPEAR IN INTERNET, therefore after having WEB HOSTING AND DOMAIN NAME REGISTERED, CHECK and edit if SERVER NAMES AND DOMAIN NAMES are given correctly in YOUR DOMAIN NAME REGISTRAR and WEB HOSTING SITE respectively.
That’s all for Creating Website Free of Cost UNDER .NP
ENJOY AND HAVE HAPPY OWN ABSOLUTELY YOUR OWN FREE WEBSITE WITH OWN DOMAIN NAME.
Get THIS ARTICLE PRINTED better TO START CREATING YOUR OWN WEBSITE!!!